Friday, November 7, 2008

sisterlocks

This post was coming to you from the Albuquerque, New Mexico Sunport Airport!!!(I didn't finish the post that day so I'm actually publishing it two weeks later) Yeah I'm on my way to San Diego. I'M BECOMING A SISTERLOCK CONSULTANT!!! The training is Saturday through Tuesday and I'm excited but kind of nervous at the same time because this is my first time traveling by myself, which isn't the problem, it's just that I've never been to San Diego before and I'm terrified of getting lost! But other than that, I'm on my way to exploring a new career "OPTION". I call it that because I'm not sure what it is that I truly want to do with my life anymore. I believe we all have choices, but I also believe in destiny and God's plan. What if what I think I want to do isn't really what God wants me to do? I know he will have his way, but it would be nice if he would call me up on the phone and say, "Hey Shacole, this is God. And Ima need for you to do this, that, and the other." LOL Just kidding (kinda). But I'll be fine for the next year or so.

Now on to hair. I went in for my seventh month retightening yesterday and I have to say that one of the best parts of having sisterlocks is seeing the progress of growth. My appointments usually last 3-4 hours and when she's done and I look in the mirror, I can more than definitely see how much longer my hair has gotten. I can even feel it longer on my neck!! When I had a relaxer, I NEVER had that type of feeling, because I experienced so much breakage.




Wow, there is just so much for me to talk about. I just have to say that I'm a real home body. I actually enjoy staying home, but now that I'm 21, I feel almost obligated to go out for a night on the town. (even though I hadn't been out since my birthday in September.) Well, the weekend before last, I went to a Halloween costume party and had a blast. Mainly because I had a few drinks in my system. But I ended up running into my ex boyfriend, whom I hadn't spoken to in four months. I just thought I would be cordial and acknowledge his presence by saying hello and what not. But some how, he drug me into a conversation about why we failed, UGH! And I so played into it, until I snapped out of it and politely excused myself and walked away. But other than that, that was a pretty cool weekend.
On to the SAW IV movie review. All I can say is there will definitely be a SAW SIX. The movie did a lot of back flashes and tieing things up from the previous four movies. I was kinda disappointed in the setting for the victims in this movie, it was pretty much a repeat of SAW II, but with different contraptions. All in all, it wasn't the best in the series but perhaps that's because the producers are preparing for a big grand finale with SAW SIX.

No comments: