Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Breakage!!!! . . . . And Sisterlock Compliments :-)

Getting back to sisterlocks, I regret to inform you that I have had another lock break off :-( The first lock to break off did so in July. At that time, I noticed the one right next to it was also kind of thin and it eventually broke off this past weekend. Actually, it was hanging on by a few strands towards the middle of the lock, so I gave it a little tug, and it came on out. I have one more in that same row that's getting kind of thin, so I have to keep an eye on it by being more careful when I wash. Other than that, I'm not too sure what else I can do to prevent this. I guess I'm lucky the two of them came out in the middle of my head so that they're hidden by other locks.

Now on a lighter note, I'm receiving mad comments on my hair. People at church and a few people at school compliment the sisterlocks. But one person in particular really surprised me with their compliments. She's my supervisor and for the past couple of weeks she's been telling me that she loves my hair like this and it's so cute. Now I just have to mention that she is Hispanic and she is also the only non-black person to give me any type of compliment on my hair. Prior to her telling me this, I wasn't sure about what other races thought of my hair, especially my co-workers. I told a few of them about my decision to lock my hair so only they knew about the process from beginning to end, but the rest of them didn't know anything and haven't asked about what it is I have in my hair. My thought is that for the past three years, my co-workers were use to me changing my hair every few weeks. Everything from straight, to curly, from crimped, to braided, from flammin red, to jet black, from chopped off, to down my back the next day. . . and the list goes on. Perhaps they just seen my hair locked up one day and assumed it was just another hair style that would change next week.

No comments: