Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New product for dandruff



I've always had a problem with dandruff and the dry climate here in New Mexico doesn't make it any better. Growing up, my mom use to wash my hair every week but as I grew up, I got lazy and only washed maybe once every few weeks. (Yeah, I know) It was basically to much work for me to wash my hair, condition, comb out, blow dry, and everything else. But since I've had sisterlocks, that's all changed. I now wash my hair every 7-10 days, using the sisterlocks starter shampoo. Since I've been doing this, I've noticed a significant reduction in dandruff. The only problem I experience is a dryer scalp for the first couple of days after I wash. This is probably because, given time, our scalp produces its own natural oil and after you wash your hair, you've washed out all the oil, so it takes a couple of days to produce more oil.

I have found a product to use within these couple of days after washing. While I was in San Diego taking the training class, our instructor, Michelle Bryan, introduced us to her new product that MIGHT become apart of the sisterlocks product line. It's called Natural Wonders Hair Mist (Click here: Natural Wonders Fresh Hair Mist) and it comes in lavender and peppermint. This mist is basically a light moisturizer to be used between shampoos to keep your locks feeling and smelling fresh. She said the peppermint is good for dry, flaky hair, so I purchased a bottle while in San Diego. She did advise the class that her products are intended for second generation care; meaning those who's locks have completely matured. I told her about my dry scalp and she said it was okay for me to use it only on my scalp.

I've only used the Natural wonders Peppermint Hair Mist once, but it does seem to be working so far. I only plan on using it after I wash because my hair hasn't settled in yet and I don't want to disrupt the locking process.

No comments: