Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sisterlocks Training in San Diego


(Me and Master Trainer Michelle Bryant)


WOO WOO, I am now and official sisterlock trainee!! San Diego was freakin great. It's weird I say that because I didn't really get to visit the city, I was mainly in a part of town called North Park just because the class was from 8am to 5pm, and we had homework, which was to do fifty locks a night. So I was up until like 1am every night. But I still enjoyed myself. Just being able to fellowship with other sisters who all have the same thing in common was a unique feeling and now I understand what people mean when they say sisterlocks is truly a sisterhood. The ladies taking the class were so sweet and generous. The first day I had to ride the bus class but then one of the women offered me a ride to and from class. Another lady, Miss Vivian, also offered me a ride to the airport the day I was leaving. I was especially glad for her cause I was really stressin about how I was going to get to the airport. Yeah I know I was trippin.


Dr. Cornwell giving us pointers

There were only 7 of us in the class, which was awesome considering a full class is usually 20-25 students. That meant we got more one on one time with the instructor, Michelle Bryant. The inventor of the sisterlocks system, Dr. Joanne Cornwell, also came in to give us some pointers.

My stay at the hotel in San Diego was very interesting. I got there on Friday and checked in. I decided to just put my bags down and figure out which bus I was going to catch to get to the class the next day. So I got back to my room that evening and started to settle down. I then hear this noise that sounded like someone was moving furniture beneath me. Turns out, my room was directly above the underground parking garage gate. So I inform the front desk and they said they'd move me the next day cause they didn't have any vacant rooms that night. So the next night, I stayed in an even better room so I didn't complain, that is until I heard the people above me running around. So I go to their room and politely ask them to keep it down, and he gives me a subtle attitude. As soon as I get back to my room, I hear a huge thud, like someone had dropped a bowling ball. So I call the room and some words were exchanged. I went to the front desk again, and they moved me again. I hadn't even stayed one night in the second room. When I get to the third room, I'm just blown away. This room had a living room with a fireplace and french doors leading to the balcony overlooking a main street. The bedroom had a king size bed and also had double doors leading to the same balcony. The bathroom was nothing special though, but I was still shocked. I had to go to the front desk and make sure they weren't charging me extra for this room/apartment. From then on, I had no complaints about my room!

Gay Pride Protest

While on a lunch break in Cali, I got to witness my first real protest. These people were protesting the ban on gay marriage. Interesting. Another interesting part of San Diego is they don't have green Chile. I just figured Cali would. But anyways, I survived.









No comments: