Monday, September 22, 2008

Hair Time Line

I think this was 2004, my junior year of high school. My hair was done halfway in twist, and the back was crimped. (Sorry for the messy background room, my camera wouldn't let me crop the picture.)
This was at some point during high school. My hair was probably relaxed with a bump curl. (And a sticker on my sunglasses!)

This was New Years Eve of 2004 or 2005. I couldn't crop this picture either so you can't really see my hair, but it was relaxed and in a "side swoop".



My Old Hair Habits From The Past Year








I started rockin this two toned wig a while back and started wearing it less and less because I didn't like the flaming red color.









I call this the "side swoop". I wore this style when I had long pressed/relaxed hair. In this picture, my hair was corn rolled on one side and the other side was braided into individual braids. I loved this style.



This here is another wig I use to wear when I didn't feel like doing my hair.







So you can see how long my hair was in a Mohawk. I'd say it touched my shoulders if let all the way down.



First roller set. During this time in December/January, I was trying a new hair care regimen, which consisted of a pre-poo, wash, deep condition, roller set, and a saran wrap treatment. It took at least two hours to do all of that. I did this every two weeks!





This was my first big hair cut in two years. In January of 2008 I cut about three inches of hair!







Afro Mohawk. So this was right before I got my sisterlocks installed. Kind of transitioning to a more natural look.







I think my hair had been locked for about a month, maybe two. But here you can see I still have relaxed ends, also curled very easily using sponge rollers










First time using a curling iron on locks. I don't suggest you use a curling iron on your locks, especially if they aren't fully formed. But if you choose to do so, make sure you use the lowest heat setting.






My birthday wig. As you can see, I really like wearing wigs; my mom says I have a head made for wigs. Lol














Alot has happened to my hair within this past year. I might post a few more pictures of when my hair use to be a little longer. When I look back at my pictures, sometimes I miss my "old hair" but then I think about the maintenance with sisterlocks and how they are steadily changing and I rediscover the reasons behind my deciding to get sisterlocks.



No comments: